1960 The company was founded by Mr. S.L. Wu and Y.L Hou in Sept, 1959. Approved for registration in 1960.
1962 Universal Brand certified for trademark.
1963 Da-Hu Cement Plant commenced operation.
1965 Corporate Headquarter relocated to Hsin Fu Hsing building on Nanking West Road, Taipei. 2nd cement production line added to Da-Hu Plant.
1969 Reinvested in Kaoshiung Harbor Transportation Co. Ltd.
1970 Became publicly listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Trading began in 1971.
1972 First issue of “Universal Monthly”, a monthly company magazine, published.
1974 Headquarter moved to Tai Bo Building on Nanking East Road Sec.3, Taipei.
1975 Reinvested and established Universal RMC Plant in Taichung, Taiwan.
1976 Ah-Lian Cement Plant commenced operation.
1980 Headquarter moved to its present location at Wei Cheng Bldg. Nanking East Road Sec.2, Taipei.
1986 Reinvested in Lio-Ho Machine Works, Ltd.
1988 Da-Hu RMC batch plant began operation.
1989 Began construction of Da-Hu Gypsum Board Plant, commenced operation in 1991.
1992 Reinvested in Universal Development Co. Ltd.
1993 Nanzih RMC batch plant built and began operation.
1994 Reinvested in Grandbill Finance Co. Ltd. Hai-Fu Gypsum Board Plant began operation.
1996 Hai-Fu Gypsum Board plant received ISO 9002 Certification.
1998 Ceased cement production of Da-Hu Cement Plant.
1999 Yongkang RMC batch plant began operation.
2001 Hai-Fu Gypsum Board Plant passed UL product safety testing and certified.
2003 Began construction of the 1st cement production line of Huizhou Universal Cement Co. Ltd. Construction completed and operation commenced in 2005.
2004 Started construction of Huizhou Universal RMC batch plant; began operation in 2005.
2006 Commenced construction of the 2nd cement production line of Huizhou Universal Cement Co. Ltd.
2009 Acquired complete rights to Ningbo Universal Building Materials Bei-Lun RMC batch plants.